2018: Journal Papers
- Mehta, S.M., Jin, T., Stanciulescu, I., Grande-Allen, K.J. , Engineering biologically extensible hydrogels using photolithographic printing, Acta Biomaterialia, Vol. 75, 52-62.
- Zhou, Y., Stanciulescu, I. , A general condition for the existence of unconnected equilibria for symmetric arches, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, Vol. 99, 144-153.
2017: Journal Papers
- Tao Jin and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Numerical investigation of the influence of pattern topology on the mechanical behavior of PEGDA hydrogels, Acta Biomaterialia, Vol. 49, 247-259.
- Yang Zhou, Ilinca Stanciulescu, Thomas Eason and Michael Spottswood, Fast approximations of dynamic stability boundaries of slender curved structures, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, Vol. 95, 47-58.
- Mihaela Nistor, Richard Wiebe and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Relationship between Euler buckling and unstable equilibria of buckled beams, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, Vol. 95, 151-161.
- Zhuangpeng Yi, Zhiqian Wang, Yang Zhou and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Modeling and vibratory characteristics of a mass-carrying cable system with multiple pulley supports in span range, Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol. 49, 59-68.
- Li, Q., Bai, Y., Jin, T., Wang, S., Cui, W., Stanciulescu I., Yang, R., Nie, H., Wang, L., Zhang, X., Bioinspired Engineering of Poly(ethylene glycol) Hydrogels and Natural Protein Fibers for Layered Heart Valve Constructs, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, Vol 9(19), 16524-16535.
2016: Journal Papers
- Tao Jin and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Computational modeling of the arterial wall based on layer-specific histological data, Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, Vol. 15, No.6, 1479-1494.
- Zhenjia Gao and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Systematic calibration of model parameters based on large scale experiments on hybrid masonry walls”, ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, accepted
- Zhuangpeng Yi and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Nonlinear normal modes of a shallow arch with one end elastically constrained for two-to-one internal resonances, Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 83, No. 3, 1577–1600.
- Tao Jin and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Numerical simulation of fibrous biomaterials with randomly distributed fiber network structure, Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology, Vol. 15, No. 4, 817–830.
2015: Journal Papers
- Yang Zhou, Walter Chang and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Nonlinear stability and remote unconnected equilibria of shallow arches with asymmetric geometric imperfections, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, Vol. 77, 1-11.
- Yenny Chandra, Yang Zhou, Ilinca Stanciulescu, Thomas Eason and Stephen Spottswood, A robust composite time integration scheme for snap-through problems, Computational Mechanics, Vol. 55, 1041-1056.
- Mihaela Nistor, Zhenjia Gao and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Through-bolt push out effects on the behavior of hybrid masonry systems, Engineering Structures, Vol. 97, 47-53.
- Radu Serban, Daniel Melanz, Ang Li, Ilinca Stanciulescu, Paramsothy Jayakumar and Dan Negrut, A GPU-based preconditioned Newton-Krylov solver for flexible multibody dynamics, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 102, 1585-1604.
- Richard Wiebe and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Inconsistent stability of Newmark’s method in structural dynamics applications, ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 10, 051006, 1-8
- Yang Zhou, Ilinca Stanciulescu, Thomas Eason and Stephen Spottswood, Nonlinear elastic buckling and postbuckling analysis of cylindrical panels, Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol. 96, 41-50.
2014: Journal Papers
- Tamas Kalmar-Nagy and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Can complex systems really be simulated? Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol. 227, 199-211.
- Hao Wang, Imad Al-Qadi and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Effect of Surface Friction on Tire-Pavement Contact Stresses during Vehicle Maneuvering, ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 140(4), 04014001-1.
2013: Journal Papers
- Yenny Chandra, Richard Wiebe, Ilinca Stanciulescu, Lawrie Virgin, Thomas Eason and Stephen Spottswood, Characterizing dynamic transitions associated with snap-through of clamped shallow arches Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 22, 5837-5855.
- Soheil Soghrati and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Systematic construction of higher order bases for the finite element analysis of multiscale elliptic problems, Mechanics Research Communications, Vol. 52, 11-18.
- Behrang Moghaddasie and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Equilibria and stability boundaries of shallow arches under thermo-mechanical loading, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics Vol. 51, 132-144.
- Yenny Chandra, Ilinca Stanciulescu, Lawrie Virgin, Thomas Eason and Stephen Spottswood, A numerical investigation of snap-through in a shallow arch-like model, Journal of Sound and Vibration Vol. 332, 2532-2548.
- Naresh Khude, Dan Melanz, Ilinca Stanciulescu and Dan Negrut, Efficient Parallel Simulation of Large Flexible Body Systems with Multiple Contacts , Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 8 / 041003-1.
- Behrang Moghaddasie and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Direct calculation of critical points in parameter sensitive systems , Computers & Structures, Vol. 13, 34-47.
- R. Wiebe, L. Virgin, I. Stanciulescu, S. M. Spottswood and T. Eason, Characterizing Dynamic Transitions Associated with Snap-Through: A Discrete System , ASME Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 8.
2012: Journal Papers
- Yenny Chandra, Ilinca Stanciulescu, Thomas Eason and Michael Spottswood, Numerical pathologies in snap-through simulations Engineering Structures, Vol. 34, 495-504.
- Ilinca Stanciulescu, Toby Mitchell, Yenny Chandra, Thomas Eason and Michael Spottswood, A lower bound on snap-through instability of curved beams under thermomechanical loads International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, Vol. 47, No. 5, 561-575.
2011: Journal Papers
- Makarand Datar, Ilinca Stanciulescu and Dan Negrut, A co-simulation environment for high-fidelity virtual prototyping of vehicle systems International Journal of Vehicle Systems Modelling and Testing, Vol. 7, No. 1, 54-72.
- Hao Wang, Imad Al-Qadi and Ilinca Stanciulescu, Simulation of Tire-Pavement Interaction for Predicting Contact Stresses at Static and Various Rolling ConditionsInternational Journal of Pavement Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 4, 310-321.
2010: Journal Papers
- Bin Shen, Ilinca Stanciulescu and Glaucio Paulino, Inverse computation of cohesive fracture properties from displacement fieldsJournal of Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 8, 1103–-1128
2009: Journal Papers
- Ilinca Stanciulescu, John Dolbow and Stefan Zauscher, Computational modeling of surface phenomena in soft-wet materials, International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 46, 1334-1344.